251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Here are some pics of the two row fast hitch corn planter on one of my cubs,
Image
Image
Image

I hope to try it out in a week or so soon as I get a field ready for planting
David

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:00 pm

I am wondering if that planter may be a little much for a Cub, trying to picture what will happen with both fertilizer hoppers full. Maybe you weren't planning to use the fertilizer hoppers anyway. If you are, you may want to go light on the load until you see how it works. We'll be looking for a report.

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:25 pm

Jim Becker wrote:I am wondering if that planter may be a little much for a Cub, trying to picture what will happen with both fertilizer hoppers full. Maybe you weren't planning to use the fertilizer hoppers anyway. If you are, you may want to go light on the load until you see how it works. We'll be looking for a report.



Very neat--especially in that condition!

How many acres are you going to plant?

We need to see if we can talk you into bringing it to our state IH show in Raleigh the end of May!Image

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:23 pm

I like that set up,but I don't have a fast hitch.Would cut my planting down in half!!!! I hope to find a 2 row planter sometime soon.If the garden does get bigger I will.Send a report on how it does !! Kevin :shock: :shock:

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:30 pm

That is neat! I have a couple of foodplots for the deer that need planting when you're done with yours! :D

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Recommended for a Super C. Get the sawzall out and you will have 2 Cub planters.. :D

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Bob, read that insert you sent me :D it was for a cub also , or at lest was advertised for one. I will most likely use it with the 140. But the cub picks it up well no problems. I don't think I could put more than 50 lbs of fert. in each hopper with the cub. don't want to bust anything. The way it is made I don't like the way it puts the fert. close to the seed.
It is the only one I have ever seen. It was sold at Spaulding equipment Co. about 20 miles from here. Robert, the owner said he only sold the one with a one point hitch. and it was sold to a man with a Super A

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:48 pm

But David... Do you really want something that reduces seat time :?: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Boss Hog,

That is a very nice unit. Where did you have it hidden when I was there?

Good luck with it and be careful. It's going to be a load when full of seed and fertilizer.
Better put on a couple sets of front wheel weights.

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:21 am

Looks great, bet the corn will taste twice as Good :-:-):

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:52 am

Gary it wasn't hidden, he just got it 2 weeks ago. Plus I don't think it would have fit on your trailer

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:41 am

Gary Boutwell wrote:Boss Hog,

That is a very nice unit. Where did you have it hidden when I was there?

Good luck with it and be careful. It's going to be a load when full of seed and fertilizer.
Better put on a couple sets of front wheel weights.



:lol: :lol: :lol: Check out the pic closely, I have double weights on all the way around :D

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:42 am

Nope, it would not fit on Gary's trailer. Heck, for that matter, I don't think a mouse turd would have fit on Gary's trailer. :lol:

BUT....Gary knows how to get to Davids now. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:40 pm

dshawz wrote:Nope, it would not fit on Gary's trailer. Heck, for that matter, I don't think a mouse turd would have fit on Gary's trailer. :lol:

BUT....Gary knows how to get to Davids now. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:



He will have room in April :wink:

Re: 251 2 row corn planter on a cub

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:53 am

Neat setup - would like to have a 2 row pull type foe my cub. Remember dad pulled a 4 row with a Farmall B in the 40's used the old check wire! Dusty B