This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Still Showing No Charge on Ammeter

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Still Showing No Charge on Ammeter

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:18 am

Dad's cub still doesn't show a charging condtion despite all efforts. :x According to Jim Becker, I have wired the tractor correctly. A new wiring harness was used as well as a new ammeter, new voltage regulator, new battery cables, and new battery. The lights work so, I sorta think the switch is ruled out. Also, when the lights are turned on (tractor not running), the ammeter shows a discharge, ruling out the guage. The generator has been tested twice by two seperate rebuilders and tests good. We have scraped paint off the tractor from front to back....I wouldn't think we have a ground problem. What do I check next :?: :? :? :?
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:34 am

I know you said you changed the regulator, but it wouldn't be the first one that was bad out of the box. Have you tried grounding the generator field terminal and checking to see if it is charging?
Check the last 2 diagrams in the link below. They are troubleshooting flowcharts. One is for generator / regulator, the other is generator / cutout.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:23 am

Just got a phone call from Dad......mysteriously, the generator is now charging. :shock: I guess after removing it a couple of times, it has grounded good enogh to show a charge :?: He also said the rebuilder did something to it yesterday...something about the brushes "glazing-over" :?: Anyway, I think I'll go by his house at lunch and check it out. We may have just put the finishing touches on ole' Bingo :!: :D
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”