Dirt grading

Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:22 pm

I had to let someone know who might care. Yesterday the neighbor man came over and asked me if I could grade out some soil he had dumped behind his house. It took me about an hour or so. Before yesterday, the only thing I ever used my blade for was snow. I think I did a real nice job. I even got a glass of ice water for my trouble. OK, it wasn't any trouble, it was fun! By the way, I told my wife about all this and she said "that's nice dear". Now you know the reason for my post.

S.H.A.F.T.

Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:48 pm

S.H.A.F.T. I've used mine on my Lo Boy to move sand and gravel and am very impressed with how hard that little tractor works!! Someday I'd like to get a regular cub to see how it works with a belly mounted blade.

Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:03 pm

Not only have I used it for dirt, but also for 8 tons of 4-5" stone. If you thought dirt was a lot of work with a hand rake, try the stone sometime.

The next time, I used the blade to knock the pile down and the landscape rake to finish it off. Better yet.

Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:40 pm

Mine has moved a lot of snow and gravel over the years, including a large dump truck load of inch minus in a neighbors drive that had to be dumped in a pile when the truck broke down. That did take a while.