This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Red Paint

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
KB on Bainbridge
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall Red Paint

Postby KB on Bainbridge » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:34 pm

It's probably been asked a million times before, but what's the right color for my 48 Cub. I'm interested in both legitimate paint from a pint dealer and that available in the spray rattle can. Any places to purchase over the net would be appreciated as well. Thanks, KB

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:45 pm

Hi KB
I have yet to do any painting, but from reading this web page for the last 3 years I know the correct color for the Farmall Cub is IH2150 red rouge.
Many more experienced folks will give you their results as far as paint by other companies that match the 2150. A lot of folks have bought paint from auto paint supply dealers. Some folks use very expensive automotive paint. An online dealer that you can purchase the IH2150 red rouge paint from is http://www.cngco.com. Most folks would say to buy your primer and your paint from the same supplier. Paul K. in N.H.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:31 pm

KB:

Paul is correct. The correct colour is IH 2150 Red. (Rouge is just Red en francais :oops: ) The rattle cans as well as quart and gallon cans are available from your CaseIH Dealer. Would suggest that if you use the IronGard, that you use the Centari reducer and catalyst as those products are made by the same manufacturer.

Also, if you check the server at the link below, go to the Paint, Decals and Other Finish ?'s - you will find the Paint Chart. The chart has many of the cross-reference numbers for popular paint types/manufacturers. As others are identified (need help on this from those who use other products), they will be added as well.

For instance, I have the new code for the Nason class of IH Federal Yellow and will be getting the 2150 in Nason as well. These will be added shortly.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”