This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Id tag rivet removal ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Id tag rivet removal ?

Postby welderrx » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:45 pm

I want to remove the id tag off my new cub to hopefully get the serial number off of it from the backside, the front looks like it was sandblasted a little to hard and is unreadable. I want the serial number to get a new gas cap for it before they stop sending them and was also just curious how old it is. Thanks T.J.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:53 pm

Rudi's sight has the gas cap forms, FAQ has your year and very inforitive. and I believe you can get the rivets out by using an apolstry fork working around the rivets carfuly. :) Good luck, "Jack"

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:24 pm

I got good advice from BigDogs Grandpa George. I used a flat putty knife between the tag and frame and then put a another knife blade between the first putty knife blade and frame then gently worked & pried close to the rivets and they all worked out fine. _ I lost one of the rivets on the ground never to be found again. Tried a magnet to find it but then found out the rivets are Brass. So now I am 1 rivet short.
Then came Bronson

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:41 pm

JB wrote:
now I am 1 rivet short.

Shoot JB I knew that the day I met you :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We got to stick together lest they all gang up on us :!: :!: :!:

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:58 pm

JB
I thought you could get rivets from OEM without buying a whole new plate ? Paul K.in N.H. :roll:

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:59 pm

Donny M wrote:JB wrote:
now I am 1 rivet short.

Shoot JB I knew that the day I met you :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We got to stick together lest they all gang up on us :!: :!: :!:

:cry: Ya Donny, It hurt so bad that I had to make an appointment with the rivet doctor and he told me not to worry and to be thankful that it wasn`t attached with a "NUT". :twisted: :arrow:
Then came Bronson

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:07 pm

PAUL K. in N.H. wrote:JB
I thought you could get rivets from OEM without buying a whole new plate ? Paul K.in N.H. :roll:

Paul they might sell rivets only. But for such a small item I can probably get 100 of them locally for the shipping cost of 1-rivet mail ordered. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will keep it in mind if needed.
Then came Bronson

Return to “Farmall Cub”