Carb Rebuild

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mark Gough
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:50 am
Location: Winston Salem, NC

Carb Rebuild

Postby Mark Gough » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:58 pm

Where do I find the numbers on the carburetor? I'm trying to order a kit before taking it off. Also, what is the best source for parts?
My Cub is a 1951, and I just got her home monday. I'm new to the club, and although an ex-auto and diesel mechanic, am just learning about the tractor.

User avatar
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:16 pm
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:08 pm

Hello Mark

You might try these folks: Carter and Grunewald. Item #354454R92.


User avatar
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 24141
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:50 pm
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH, Circleville

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:10 pm

Mark, if you have no Case IH dealer close by, try Carter & Gruenewald for a carb kit. Do not use an aftermarket kit, they are not as complete. Just tell them you need a kit for a cub IH carburetor. They are also a good source for other new parts as well.
Good used parts can be obtained from J.P. Tractor Salvage, T.M. Tractor Parts or Chown's Tractor Parts - all are advertisers on this board. Look for their links.
Welcome to the board and have fun with your cub. We're all here to help each other so if you have questions, just ask.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!


User avatar
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 1:46 am
Location: MI, Temperance

Postby ChickenWing » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:06 pm

You will also want to make sure which kind of Carb you have. The original for your year would have been an IH Carb, but alot of them were replaced with Zeniths. Click below to see which one it looks like.

IH Carb or the Zenith Carb

User avatar
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 28706
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:37 pm
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM
Location: NB Dieppe, Canada

Postby Rudi » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:49 pm


You might also want to have a look at the exceptional article submitted by Lurker Carl. It is an informative step by step, including excellent pics accompanying the narrative on how to bring your IH 3/4" Updraft Carb back to almost factory condition. You can find it by clicking this: Lurker Carl's Carb Fixes

He also has pics of the 3 major Carb Kits available today and shows the differences in quality and in contents.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

User avatar
Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:11 pm
Zip Code: 28001
Location: Albemarle, North Carolina 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:39 pm

Mark go here
And click on dealer locator. I did not seen one in Winston. I'm just down the road from you near Albemarle.
The online places are very handy give them a call. No sales tax when parts come from out of state and shipping has never run me over $8
Young man for work, old man for advice

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Farmall Cub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests