This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Engine number

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Davemac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Engine number

Postby Davemac » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:07 pm

I just bought a cub with a belly mower. Can anyone tell me anything about my tractor from just the engine number? The # is [b]FOUBM-19240[/b]
I can't locate the data plate on the tractor. I have a manual that shows the placement of the plate just behind the steering box and nothing is there. It runs great, no smoke but a small nock when I get to about 1/2 throtle and it goes away as soon as a load is applyed.
Other than that I love it!

Thanks
Dave[i][/i]

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ChickenWing
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ChickenWing » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:49 pm

Looks like it is probably a 1948. Mine serial number is 18,7** and my engine number is somewhere about 19,500 (i don't recall the exact number, I'd have to look). Your serial number is probably in the low to mid 18,000's. You can also check the casting number and see what letter it ends with, it is in the same area, below the carb. It is like this 1 * 23 * R. If the plate were there, you would see it, its easy to see.

Return to “Farmall Cub”