Finished in time !

Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:01 pm

Pete all done :!: :D :D :D :D

additional photos at http://www.qvea.org/photos/memberpix/

click the thumbnail

This has been a very enjoyable and rewarding project. Thanks for the tips and help from this board as well as the spirit of this group, without which Pete would probably still be Primer Pete, 3rd runner up in the 'Ugly but working cub' contest :!: :D

Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:26 pm

Absolutely gorgeous Art! Thanks for putting such good directions on the photo site. I shouldn't have any trouble finding Pete! :wink: :wink:

One question though, did you dish the front wheels out to match the rears? I have the rears set out on Curly but I left the fronts dished in.

Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:37 pm

Art:

Pete looks totally stunning. Excellent job. Brolly looks good too! I really like the grille. It turned out very well. Is that Bruce's grille or the OEM one? I am assuming it is Bruce's. The battery box looks pretty posh as well :!: :D :wink:

I really like the twinkle on the hood. It is almost as if Pete is winking at us, all proud of himself in his new clothes!

You really should be proud of your restoration. It is awesome!

Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:38 pm

Thats really great. That paint looks really thick, like you couldn't scratch it with a sledge hammer. :P

Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:48 pm

To say the least - WOW! I never had the opportunity to see a "Off the floor" factory Cub; but, I am sure Pete is nicer - great job.

Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:28 pm

Hi! Art

Well that is one fabulous finish job.Did you use extra hardeners to make the paint shine like that. Nice work ,is that grille imported as well. I am getting ready to make some more now.Hopefully mine will look nearly as good eventually.Like most hobbies it takes time. :roll: :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:45 pm

Wouldn't want to trade that for my 48 would you? Then I'd have 2 tractors that looked good instead of 1. Looks great.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:38 am

Beautiful! I like the way the sunshine reflects just to the right oh the logo on the hood.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:13 am

thanks, guys. i'm very :D :D :D :D :D happy with it. taking it to a show right now for the weekend.

the paint is Emron, my body shops choice, color matched to ih2150 that i had painted the front wheels with. oh, but they weren't good enough for Joe, so he masked off the tires and shot them again! (neat trick - he let the air out of the tires, then masking them was easy with the tire off the bead) my only criteria was that the paint be hard and withstand gas spills/fumes/sediment bowl leaks/etc. not exactly 'correct' but a gas stained hood isn't either.
off to the show for a weekend of R & R. :D :D :D :D

gees John, your offer is mighty tempting! Bruce, i regret not being able to fit your grill on this tractor as Pete was at the shop. I'm going to paint it up with my hvlp gun and see how it matches. perhaps with a little clearcoat it will work.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:33 pm

Hi Art

Pete looks great.

I bet you are very proud and you should be. Nothing like the good feeling of a finished job well done. Excellent pictures too.

Mike

Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:56 pm

Art,

You could get a license plate made something like this: MY502NV I sure do :!: :!: Very nice job :D :D 8) 8) 8)