This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower Blades

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mower Blades

Postby Ricaroo » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:20 am

Hi,

I went to the woods dealer and purchased a set of blades for my 42C deck, when I got home and matched them up, the new ones are different. They have only one hole for mounting and the old ones have two? I called the dealer and he says he will try and match the old ones however the different part views in the manual doesn't show the type of blade and mounting I have now. it is a woods 42C ser#937 so it is an early deck, looks like it was yellow at one time Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:22 am

I'm not just real familiar with the older Woods, but I assume your old blades didn't pivot. Might get in touch with Bermuda Ken at Carter & Gruenwald at http://www.cngco.com
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:29 am

It is possible that someone replaced the spindle with a different type or modified the mounts. Unless, of course, you are the original owner of the deck.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:55 pm

John, You are correct the current setup does not pivot

First thing monday I will contact Carter & Gruenwald

Thank You for the reply to my post

Bigdog,
I purchased the deck a while ago (couple of months) from a guy that got it when he bought his cub. It came off an early fifties cub. My cub is a 1958 his was a 55 I think?

Thanks for the reply to my post

cub1947
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub1947 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:04 am

I have a very old Woods 42 belly mower with the spindle that bolts to a verticle mount and the new single hole blade fit fine. They mount with a pin that is held in by a moon shaped plate bolted to the spindle. They also swing. Are you sure that the mower is a Woods, and has a Woods spindle?

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:35 pm

The mower deck has a brass tag that indicates it is a woods 42C and it matches the exploded view in the manual, however the blade mounting is different. this is a real early woods deck ser #937 I have no way of using the pin the hole is not large enough. and if I could how is the blade held in place?

Return to “Farmall Cub”