This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Look at this poor little Cub!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:13 pm

That's amazing Donny. You are lucky, but sounds like the trip was not much fun. Does your trailer have the electric (battery powered) saftey brakes.

That IS the SADDEST CUB I have ever seen...Can some please just prop up the front end off the ground. Sort of makes me sick to look at that poor thing.

Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:32 pm

Donny, remind me never to take you on a cub retrieval mission! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:39 pm

Bigdog wrote:Donny, remind me never to take you on a cub retrieval mission! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sonny,

Now the cat is out of the bag. You've seen the newest Cub retrieval hauler. Now we can be really sneaky!

Grandpa
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:49 pm

Donny:

I have had a trailer or two come uncoupled from the ball over the years. Usually unloaded. Worst case the trailer tongue ended up jammed under the van. But, I do know that sinking feeling that starts waaaay down in your gut and then just takes over. The shakes get so bad that you can't walk, talk or stand let alone sit :roll:

Thank God all went well and no one was injured and nothing was lost except a little time. A lesson well learned no doubt.

Thanks for the story, it is timely. Gord and I are probably headed out to Alton's on Friday to pick up an IH Ground Driven Potato Picker. Noticed on the last trip the ball was a little loose in the tongue - gonna have to tighten and oil that up before I leave.

Again, Thanks be to God that nothing serious happened.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:56 pm

George Willer wrote:
Sonny,

Now the cat is out of the bag. You've seen the newest Cub retrieval hauler. Now we can be really sneaky!

Grandpa

Grandpa,
I wasn't going to tell them about the stealth hauler until we had a chance to try it out. I can see it now! Cubs, cubs and more cubs. Ours - all ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bigdog

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:07 pm

Sounds like a wild trip. Glad you didn't have anymore damage than the chain and jack, uh maybe underwear. Saw a race car hauler come loose one day and cross the highway right in front of me. That was close, and also arrived home one day after pulling a travel trailer a couple hundred miles to discover I hadn't closed the hitch. Gave me a startled feeling.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:11 pm

Mr. GW wrote:

Sonny,

Grandpa

Mr. Bigdog wrote:
Grandpa,
I wasn't going to tell them about the stealth hauler until we had a chance to try it out. I can see it now! Cubs, cubs and more cubs. Ours - all ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well gentlemen,

I have one each of my haulers sitting in your door yards getting loaded as you read this. The problem is I that I can't keep them on the ball :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:04 pm

Donny M wrote: Everything was going smooth until we arrived at the check point at Hoover Dam. Here they asked to see the contents of the truck. The security guys couldn’t see to the front of the truck so they denied passage.
I think the fact they couldn't see all the way to the front of the trailer was only part of the problem. They probably thought they had one of Osma's relatives. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Stealth cub hauler

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:33 pm

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of George's stealth hauler.

Comfort for long trips:

And, room for a cub too!
Bigdog

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:16 pm

I looked into a travel trailer with a similar design, but when I considered the cost of it combined with the cost of a truck big enough to pull it I backed out.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:24 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I looked into a travel trailer with a similar design, but when I considered the cost of it combined with the cost of a truck big enough to pull it I backed out.

John,

This one came with a free truck under it! It should be able to pull a trailer with a couple tractors on it.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:41 pm

Mr. GW,

That's a nice rig :!:
I used to have a 35' Alpha ToyHouse I used to haul dirt bikes around with. I sold it about 2 years ago. I had 9 bikes in it at one time. I would imagine I could get 2 Cubs in it end for end. I really liked it but Merry didn't care for the living space...she said it always smelled of pre-mix.
What's wrong with that :?: :?: :?:
I sure wish I had my old trailer for my trip out here, it was a 5th wheel...no ball :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:46 pm

Donny,
On the subject of damage, I would suggest you do a careful inspection of the coupler on your trailer. Maybe the reason it only came uncoupled after several thousand miles of use is because the coupler is now bent or worn from the smaller ball.

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:20 pm

sound like you had a h@ll of a trip glad you are safe and sound. with all the miles you put on, thing are bound to go haywire at some point. just the other day I pulled the cub on the trailer to take to the welder in town,and the tongue shot up in the air as I pulled on. I stuck the clutch in and rolled back off And though the tongue would come back down on the tail gate. but the CUB GODS smiled on me and it came right back down on the ball.I got off the tractor. Grabbed my right ear with my left hand my left ear with my right hand, yanked hard & wipe the brown ring off my neck, and locked the hitch

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:37 pm

Bigdog wrote:
Donny, remind me never to take you on a cub retrieval mission!

Shoot Bigdog I never hurt the Cub's. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dogman wrote:
Grabbed my right ear with my left hand my left ear with my right hand, yanked hard & wipe the brown ring off my neck, and locked the hitch

That's the funniest thing I've heard today...good laugh :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks

Return to “Farmall Cub”