This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

REPLACE FRONT CRANK SEAL

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
w-31
10+ Years
10+ Years

REPLACE FRONT CRANK SEAL

Postby w-31 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:19 am

I was wondering how hard is it to take the front crank pulley off and replace that seal. Also where can I get that seal at. Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:03 am

If you will search the archives you will find some very good threads on removing the crankshaft pulley (most difficult part of the job). I believe that if you go to Rudi's website http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html and look under tips and tricks you may also find a procedure. The seal can be bought at most auto parts stores, but I would reccomend getting one from your local dealer, or on line from http://www.cngco.com The IH one will come with a wear sleeve to put on the pulley in case it has wear grooves on it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Front Crank Seal

Postby Bill V in Md » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:13 pm

w-31,

I did this job on my '48 Cub a couple of months ago. Like John said, the hardest part is removing the pulley. If you still need some help, send me your email address and I will forward a written procedure with photos.

Bill V in Md
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

denton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Ford 8N
1953 Allis CA (not running)
1996 Kubota M4700

Postby denton » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:14 am

Pulled mine this morning in the field to replace front cover broken last week. This was the 2nd time I took it off and when I put it on last time I coated the crank with greese. It was still on there tight but it came off much easier this time.

I used a commercial bearing puller which makes the job really easy. Find a friend and borrow one or get a kit from northern tool. The whole kit is about 70 but I bet you could rent one locally for cheap.

Return to “Farmall Cub”