This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pulling the sled

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pulling the sled

Postby Indiana Robinson » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:16 pm

I have been busy to the point of silliness all year this year and when Cubfest 2004 was over I stayed that way. This morning I was putting some things away and doing some odd jobs to relax. One of the things I had not touched was the Cubfest pulling sled. I wanted to move it to remove the concrete blocks from it and started to go get the Farmall Super M. Then I thought heck, I was too busy during Cubfest to try hitching Major my old 47 Cub to the sled. I didn't figure he would move it anyway since he has rather narrow knobby turf tires on the back and his wheel weights are on the sled instead of his back wheels. I had pulled the little drag around the pumpkin patch to level the paths a bit so Major was warmed up. I hooked to the sled for the heck of it and to my surprise he squatted down, bit into the sod and walked away like a champ. :-) Until I let the clutch out I was sitting there saying to myself that this was going to just be silly. Of course he didn't get the full test because there were not 3 or 4 FATG's there ready to jump on the sled. ;-)
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:58 pm

Hi Farmer...Did you get the punkuns planted?

Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Indiana Robinson » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:22 pm

Yes, made around 600 hills. Now if I can keep the vine borers sprayed out of them and each hill will make at least 5 or 6 pumpkins I should be up to my armpits in them. Hope I can sell a few... :D If not I could get really tired of eating pumpkin by spring.
Tilling these pumpkins has convinced me that I need to start looking this fall for a set of cultivators for Major. One row is easy to do. Using a 4 row requires more accurate seed placement than I want to bother with.
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

Return to “Farmall Cub”