This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need Fan Hub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mike D
10+ Years
10+ Years

Need Fan Hub

Postby Mike D » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:41 am

I need a fan hub for my 1948 Cub, serial # 32176. The pulley that spins the generater seems to have broken away from the hub. I didn't get a chance to remove the hood to get a good look at it yet. I thought about trying to weld it back in place but don't know if I could ever get it back to "straight" if you know what I mean. Any ideas on buying a used fan hub? Anyone have one for sale? Thanks, Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:55 am

It sounds like nobody has ever oiled the fan hub from your description.

Here is a bunch of used ones for sale. http://www.tmtractor.com/co/co_001.htm
Then came Bronson

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:41 am

Mike,

Withhold your decision until you can examine the pulley closely. I recently had one separate and was able to put the loose half back on and tack weld it. You may be able to put it back together in its' original position where it will automatically be straight and run true.

In this case, it came out just as good as original, and the repair didn't really cost anything.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Mike D
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fan Hub/pulley

Postby Mike D » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:35 pm

Thanks Johnbron and George for the info. I don't have the hood off yet so I can't see what's wrong/broken. I did notice in the TM Tractor photos in Johnbron's reply that some of the for sale pulleys look like they have been tack welded. That might be my solution as George has suggested. Much appreciated suggestions. Mike

Return to “Farmall Cub”