This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

O-ring,

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
denton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Ford 8N
1953 Allis CA (not running)
1996 Kubota M4700

O-ring,

Postby denton » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:44 am

Well I speared the tractor on a tree the other day while mowing and tore the whole front off, Radiator, Fan, Timing cover, you name it. In the process of tearing everything down now (Not as easy in a hay field). Thought I would go ahead and fix a few things which needed fixing while the rest of the tractor is dismantled. One of those things is the distributor which leaks oil like crazy. I replaced the magneto drive seal, but it still leaked so last night I totally dismantled the distributor and removed the small o-ring seal around the shaft. The question. Is this a special oring material or can I use one of the correct size from a local supplier?

One other question, would leaking oil in the distributor lead to the distributor cap corroding up so quickly? Ive just put it on about a month ago and it is full of corrosion on the contacts.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:01 am

Denton, as far as I know, the O ring is just standard. I don't see how oil leaking into the distributor could cause corrosion. A build-up of contaminant maybe, but not corrosion.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”