This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Made this grading implement for the fast hitch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Made this grading implement for the fast hitch

Postby Ralph » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:27 pm

I made this grading implement for Blackie which has the fast hitch

It is made out of 3 used edges off my Jeep snow plow and a fast hitch spike I gave $30. for .
It works better than I had imagined actually it works better than the belly blade 8)
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:34 am

Ralph:

Would you consider putting this great idea down to paper with pics and narrative to share with our fellow Cubbers :?:

Seems real interesting.

I wonder how it would need to be modified to work on a standard or lo-boy without a fast hitch :?:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Ralph » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:15 pm

Rudi
I would be happy to do it but I don't have access to a scanner to get it on my PC .
But i will see what I can do.

Thanks

Ralph in ky.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:53 pm

Ralph:

Thanks a lot, I appreciate. I can scan it for you and then pop it into a Powerpoint presentation if you can send me the stuff. Snail mail is cool too!

Cheers
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Ralph » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:25 pm

Rudi
My son said he could use microsoft word and add the deminisions to the photo and a discription of materials. Then I can post it that way .
As to the question of using a varible of the unit on a standard cub I think it should be fairly easy. You would have to engineer a hinge assy. to bolt to the drawbar and could use a chain to lift with or if you want down pressure make a link out of angle or pipe to go from the rear lift arm down to the grader.
8) I used the implement today to backfill a trench today for an electric service the ditch was about 200 ft. long took about 15 minutes. :P
Since it was about 90 degrees here today and it would have taken 3+ hours with the old :roll: D-1 (Shovel) :roll: I opted to play with the Cub. :wink:

Ralph in ky.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:51 pm

Ralph:

My son said he could use microsoft word and add the deminisions to the photo and a discription of materials. Then I can post it that way.

That would be excellent! Let me know when it is ready. I can host it on the server as well if that would be agreeable to you.

As to the question of using a varible of the unit on a standard cub I think it should be fairly easy. You would have to engineer a hinge assy. to bolt to the drawbar and could use a chain to lift with or if you want down pressure make a link out of angle or pipe to go from the rear lift arm down to the grader.

K, think I can probably figure that out. With a little tinkering it should be simple enough to construct.

I used the implement today to backfill a trench today for an electric service the ditch was about 200 ft. long took about 15 minutes.
Since it was about 90 degrees here today and it would have taken 3+ hours with the old D-1 (Shovel) I opted to play with the Cub.

It sure is rewarding when one can take his own design, build it and actually work with it. Well done.

I think you made a good choice. Cub on one hand, D1 shovel on the other - hhmmmmmm - real hard choice there :roll: :lol: Cub it is!

Glad you had an enjoyable day too :!:

Return to “Farmall Cub”