What Hydrolic Fluid should I use in my Farmall Cub?/?

Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:42 pm

I am trying to find out what type of Hydrolic Fluid should I use in my Farmall Cub.

I just got it back from the shop and I need to clean out the Hydrolics and replace the fluid.

Any Idea what should be used? Where can I get information about it?
Any ideas would be great!


Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:17 pm


Fist welcome to the Cub Forum ( the greatest asset on the internet for a Cubaholic) and to the Cub Family. :D

I would suggest that you read this: New Members and Visitors, Please READ. It has the answers to your question and a whole lot more.

As for the manuals, you can buy them at Binder Books. I would recommend that you purchase the following:

Owner's Manual
TC-37F Parts Manual
GSS-1411 Service Manual

These will be invaluable assets to you as you learn more about your Cub.

In the short term while waiting for your own manuals, they are available to peruse on the Cub Manual Server at the link below.

Oh, btw - the Hydraulic Fluid is call Hy-Tran and is available at your CaseIH Dealer, or you can order it from Ken at Carter and Grunewald and they can ship it to you via UPS. Stick with the Hy-Tran.

Have a look at the Owners Manual as it details how much and which fluids go where and what to grease and oil.

Again, welcome :lol:

THanks for the reply and all

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:47 pm

Thank you for the reply It will help me in the long run.

The information you have given will be good to know.