This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ignition Switch - Battery ignition

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ignition Switch - Battery ignition

Postby ScottyG » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:00 pm

Does anyone know of a NAPA/Tractor Supply or other battery ignition switch that will fit the cub dash? The only one that I know of that they sell has a 7/16" shaft on it. Too small for the hole. I'd buy a new OEM one but they sell for quite alot of $$. Suggestions?

Thanks. :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:09 pm

Scotty:

Try Jaimie and John at JP Tractor Salvage, Tom and Lynn at TM Tractor Parts or David and Alton as Chown Tractor Parts.

You may find a used one the better buy. I really like the keyed ignition on both my 47 and 48 Cub. Jethro just had a household spst light switch for an ignition switch.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:11 pm

My 48 has a push pull switch intended for fog lights. I used a washer to cover the larger hole.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:16 am

John, I'll probably do the same with the washer and maybe make some kind of plastic sleeve so the shaft doesn't shift around. Rudi, I have the original magneto ignition switch (don't know whether it works though) so when I change my electrical back to original, I'll probably pop that in. I'll try the salvage places though just the same.

Thanks guys.

TBAR
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TBAR » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:20 am

Will this work??? It requires a 1" hole.

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncomm ... menbr=5806

For specs click here. Go to "Product Search" and type in 956-3126.

http://www.colehersee.com/catalog_top/index.htm

TBAR
IH2444 & 1949 Farmall Cub

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:59 am

TBar:

Looks like it would work although would have to take pic to shop to make sure.

Did a little looking on that site and found this page which might be a better choice. Jim should know on that one.

http://www.colehersee.com/catalog_top/index.htm

Scotty:

One of the three of the parts places should have a used one. I know that Chown's does as I was looking at it. Probably has a bunch more tucked away in a box or two. I am going out to see Alton and David on Friday and could check as well. Send Dave an email. John or Tom probably has them as well.

I have a switch that fits as well but it is not original. Let me know if you want it. I haven't got a clue what it is worth. Suggest something. Send me a PM or an email.
Hope this helps.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:41 pm

Thanks for the links.

I called JP Salvage. They have original OEM battery ignition switches, used for $25.00 brand new $50. Seems a little steep which is why I started this thread. Keyed ignition is certainly nice however. Some thinking to do for me...

Thanks for the suggestion on purchasing a switch from you, Rudi. I have this one from NAPA at the moment. Should do the job for now however, I'd eventually like to re-wire all to original specs. Perhaps over the winter.

Again, thanks to all. You've been a great help.

Return to “Farmall Cub”