This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

'48 Cub Project: When did the Fast hitch become available?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
F-I-T
10+ Years
10+ Years

'48 Cub Project: When did the Fast hitch become available?

Postby F-I-T » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:03 pm

Hello:

"Lazarus" is a '48 and has a single point "Fast hitch" installed. I'm still learning slowly about the history of the Cub series, so I was wondering when the Fast hitch was made available? Would this one be a post factory add-on or could it be ordered with the tractor at time of build? Was that a popular option to install at a later time? I imagine it was like adding a three point to many other brands in the day.

Frank-in-Tallahassee
'56 JD 70D // '90 JD 855 // '50 Case VAC // '48 IHC Cub "Boo-Boo" // '41 JD "H"
http://www.fboerger.com
F-I-T's webpage.....ALWAYS under construction !!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:10 pm

Don't know for absolute sure but the IH line came out with fast hitch with number series tractors in 1955. I would guess the cub would have had it at the same time.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:37 pm

I remember our IH dealer putting on a field demonstration of the Super C with fast hitch here on my dads farm. He bought a Super A in 51 and there was no fast hitch then. He bought a Super C a year or so later and it had no fast hitch and it was not a option. But I don't remember the year of the demonstration but I know it was before any 100's 200's 300's and I think they came out in 55. I was a teenager then and never thought I would need to remember.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:43 pm

According to the FAQ's it was available after serial number 185001 or mid 1954. (couldn't get to the FAQ's earlier)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:14 pm

Fast-Hitch for the Super C was made available in the summer of '53. A little over a year later, it was intriduced with the new line of row crop tractors. It was added to the Cub as well at basicly the same time (at 185001). The new models came along on late '54, essentially for the '55 season.

The Fasst-Hitch could be backfitted onto any Cub as long as the right parts were added with it.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:27 pm

I do remember this for sure. I was disking that field with a fully restored F-20 and got more attention than the Super C running side ways with the left disk brake housing already black from the heat of riding the left brake to keep that rig going straight. My dad was plowing with the regular 2 disk plow with the rear wheel being steered from the from the front wheels of the tractor and going straight and no braking the left side. The folks were not impressed with the fast hitch that day.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Return to “Farmall Cub”