This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

vineyard

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ravensgate
10+ Years
10+ Years

vineyard

Postby ravensgate » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:18 am

What accessories were sold for the 1948 cub standard that were beneficial to vineyard owners ie; inrow mowers,tail mowers,tillers any info?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:16 pm

Just some of the more obvious stuff. The tandem disk would work, as would any of several rotary mowers, and the fertilizer side dresser. I doubt the Howard tiller would be too helpful as you wouldn't be able to work close enough to the rows. Likewise, the post hole digger probably couldn't be swung over into the row.

From my experience, the A and Super A were used a lot more commonly in vineyards. Special vineyard equipment for the Super A, that wouldn't fit a Cub were commonplace, such as grape hoes and side mounted post pounders. I have a manual control grape hoe that was probably made for an A but I have put it on a Cub. It come pretty close to the rear tire. If the hoe used the Super A Touch Control, I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Herbicide rigs were largely shop built and I suppose one could be built for a Cub but it would not be able to carry as much material. Most insect and fungus treatment was done with trailer mounted spray units. These typically were PTO driven and 200 or more gallon capacity. Either of those points knock it out of the Cub range. As with herbicide treatment, something could be shop built but I have never seen it.

ravensgate
10+ Years
10+ Years

mower

Postby ravensgate » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:28 am

Where would I find a mower for the cub?

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:39 am

Mowers are still available new from Woods Corp. (http://www.woodsonline.com) and you can find used ones listed in the classified ads both online and in your local papers. Or I believe a good used one could be found at J.P. Tractor Salvage. Or on e-bay.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”