This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Looking at the '61 Lo-boy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tedd Ill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Looking at the '61 Lo-boy

Postby Tedd Ill » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:09 pm

I went to look at the Lo-boy today. It looks to be all original.
6 Volt positive ground, head lights and tail light.
"Deluxe" seat.
All yellow paint down to the rust. :wink:

It will need the radiator cleaned out and some new items.
Exhaust system from manifold back.
Steering support casting (the thing the steering column goes through by the wheel)
The steering will need to be tighten up too. About a 1/8 of a turn slop both ways, and a little leak
A new battery box.
The left brake doesn't grab as good as the right. Could just be an adjustment, maybe... :roll:
The 60" IH deck is rotted out pretty bad, but the dozer blade has the upper extension :shock:
Had a '57 Lo-boy, and loved it!! Will have another...
Always looking......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:25 pm

:) Well are ya gonna get it or keep shopping around?. Is it reasonably priced or do they think its a gold mine?. It looks pretty straight, Just a lotta cleaning, sanding & painting. :{_}:
Then came Bronson

Tedd Ill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tedd Ill » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:32 pm

The price is right, but the funding isn't there. He is giving me first rights to it. So I'm working some angles.....

Maybe I should place an add in the forsale/wanted section looking for donations. :wink:
Had a '57 Lo-boy, and loved it!! Will have another...

Always looking......

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:39 pm

That is a pretty original looking tractor. You can tell it has never been repainted because of all the decals showing that never get replaced. If you don't buy it, you need to at least go take pictures of every decal and sticker on it.

Let me throw in one more confusing point. To the best of what I know, that tractor is not simply the yellow version of a Lo-Boy from an AG dealer. It has industrial colors.

Return to “Farmall Cub”