This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

mower blade

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

mower blade

Postby Ricaroo » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:09 am

Hi,
This is a pic of one of the blades I took of my woods mower (42C) circa 1950 The other piece of steel is the bottom bracket that mounts to the flange on the spindle and holds the blades in place. Now my question, I have been trying to figure out the proper mounting (the blades were rigid bolted and I don't beleive they were installed correctly. Does anyone have a woods 42C manual that shows this blade type? I bought a set of blades that use a pin, however they will not mount on my spindle.

Thanks
Rick
58 cubImage

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:20 am

Rick:

The Woods Manuals are on the Server.... if you click this, it will take you to page 11 of the 42C-4 Mower Manual. It shows the blade and how it all assembles.

Now I don't have a Woods, be nice to have, but I don't, so all I can do is point you to the Woods Manuals Page.

Hope this helps
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:25 am

Rudi,

The blade shown in the manual is different from the blades on the deck I have. I purchased the blades shown on page 11 however they only have one hole and it doesn't line up anyway. The one hole was made for a pin as shown in the manual.

I appreciate your help
Thanks
Rick

Return to “Farmall Cub”