This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub brush hog?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Cub brush hog?

Postby BigBill » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:52 am

My Kub Klipper brush hog/mower looks like Cecils only it has swivel wheels on the rear. I never used a brush hog like this before but don't you raise it and lower on the higher thicker stuff to grind it down and up? I figure to back up on my sloped hill side and cut the brush. With the fcub having dual rear wheels it should be more stable.

I used the heavy duty 30" rotary mower on the gravely tractor to chop thru 1" trees. This machine was a brush eating beast.

Status on my Kub Klipper; The paint job is almost done. I did a lot of color matching and blending to make it look awesome. I did this with all my engineering test lad fabrications so when you look at the parts if your not sure what to call them you can pick them out by the color of them. Plus it looks awesome too. My main deck housing and bracket parts are Ford Blue, my two mule drive pulleys are international white, my adjustable height sleeves on the rear wheels are orange so they can be found in the grass if they ever come apart. The sheetmetal cover is Caterpillar Yellow outside and valspar trailer white on the inside. The white brightens up the inside area so you can see the parts more clearly. My blade is bright orange so if you see the orange wheel spinning you know your in trouble. My drive shaft will be cub cadet yellow so its more visible.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:20 am

A fast hitch is cleverly designed unit. There are 2 different ways to get 'float' with it, one is the stop on the lift rod and the other is the two lift arms ('vertical lift links') have R clips that you can remove to allow either side (or both) to float and follow the contour of the land. The Mott flail mower manual says to pull the R clips, but the Woods 42F manual doesn't.

Sounds good Bill... nice thing about a mower is you really can paint em any color you want. I went for the Cub yellow on the Mott and Farmall red (not done yet) on the 42F because they were colors I had in 'stock' and close enough to match the originals. Is yours a fast hitch model?
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:32 am

My Kub Klipper is the fast hitch version. My 52 fcub doesn't have the fast hitch, but one of my 154's has the 3pt and my other 154 has the drawbar(like my fcub). I'm not sure yet on what type of hitch i'm going to use yet. I want to unbolt the fast hitch and bolt on my hitch in the same holes so it can be replaced later. They did offer the Klipper in a trailer hitch and i also believe the 3pt hitch too. But at the sametime i may fabricate an easier fast hitch receiver to use on it on my fcub. I have to put Mr Fcub to work soon.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Bill, I would offer that a fast hitch is worth hunting for. The one for a F Cub is pretty straight forward to attach (Lo boy is a different story) and really adds a lot of versatility to a Cub. The implements are around, but not always easy to find. I especially like backing up to a trailer and just raising the the FH to the coupler.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill E Bob » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:35 pm

One thing to remember, if you're retrofitting to an earlier Cub, there will be no mounting arm for the helper spring on the TC unit. Lack of the helper spring may limit what the FH can lift as all the strain goes to the lift rod itself.
BTDT :wink:

Return to “Farmall Cub”