Different seat...

Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:26 am

Just wondering if a seat besides the pan type on my cub can be fitted to my 1950 cub. Any recommendations? Would like something similar to a high backed seat.

Thanks,

Rick

Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:43 am

Been doing a bunch of seat shopping myself, since I've got some sort of ratty old car bucket seat on mine. It's comfortable, but gross, rusted out, and falling off... Mine's got the deluxe seat frame, though, not the spring on a pipe contraption.

I'm just going to get a high-back lawn tractor seat from Tractor Supply and bolt it on in place.

Thanks Matt...

Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:58 am

Your proposal sounds rather interesting, especially since there is a TSC about 15 miles from me. I was kinda thinking about the Lo-Boy seat in hopes it may fit without a great deal of change over.

Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:40 pm

TSC sell one fof abbut $85 that I think is called a Grizzly. Has a high back and armrests. You will need to drill it to fit your stand. I uesd one on my 48 when I was having back problems, but have since gone back to the original pan seat. I plan on taking it to Cubarama and putting a for sale sign on it, since I don't use it anymore.

CUB SEAT

Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:08 pm

[

JOHN, HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT SEAT WITH ARMS, BACKREST, AND WONDERED IF IT MIGHT BE TROUBLESOME IN TURNING OFTEN OR IN OTHER WAYS. WAS CURIOUS WHY YOU SWITCHED BACK ??

Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:21 pm

The cub I had it on is used for rough service mowing, and there are a lot of holes, ruts, rocks, etc. the the wheels go in and over causing a lot of side to side rocking. The pan seat was just more comfortable under those circumstances.