This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Anybody need a carb?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Anybody need a carb?

Postby Bigdog » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:00 am

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Carm » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:10 am

WOw, I wouldn't mind one of those, but holy cow what a price. I'll stick with my Zenith!

bwatson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Lets add it all up $$$

Postby bwatson » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:39 am

How to fix a Farmall Cub carb problem with money.........

I paid $50 for the IH kit and then paid $14 for a new main jet, plus throw in a $5 bucks for carb cleaner and cotter pins and my carb still would not work with out the choke on all of the time.

I discovered the bowl of my carb was cracked in mutilple places, including through the threads where the main jet screws in (all of this was hidden with a bad JB Weld job) and that pretty much sealed my fate.

I ordered a refurb carb from JP Tractor Salvage at $200 (the carbs are $175 plus your core, but I had a $50 kit in my core, so I really saved $25 by keeping it..........sounds logical)

Add it all up and what do you get .......$269.00 and a couple of new nuts and washers later and the Cub is running like a champ.

Bobby W
Shreveport La
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is

Return to “Farmall Cub”