This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb Drip Hole Leakage??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
9mules
10+ Years
10+ Years

Carb Drip Hole Leakage??

Postby 9mules » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:51 pm

Why is there leakage at my carb drip hole? Every morning I inspect it and there is a slight leakage. If I push to much gas to it during starting I can flood it and there's plenty gas coming out then...Previous owner put this brand new carb on and I'm assuming that's its and IH Cub standard but who knows...The Choke linkage is jacked rigged with baling wire!~ Grrrrr!....there's a tag on it with numbers, but I can't find the brand name anywhere...looks like the one on Rudi's web site....part number 17 "Filler and Plug, Drip Hole"...
I bet the float is goofed up and not set? Just turn the gas supply off and forget about it?
Thanks Cubbies

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:28 pm

May need to set the level, but more than likely there is some dirt under the float valve, or else it needs replacing. Have seen a few leak around the threads of the float valve also.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:28 am

Before you remove the carb, try this: remove the bolt and hold your finger over the hole while the bowl fills with gas, then release and let it drain out. Do this five or six times to rinse dirt out the bowl.

Return to “Farmall Cub”