This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CD manuals

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

CD manuals

Postby allenlook » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:24 pm

Just a quick note of feedback that the manuals for the Cub on CD that I bought from eBay, from the seller 411Software, are very good. The resolution is extremely high, all of the diagrams and charts are very readable, and I can print off the copies I want for the shop.

The CD contains: Cub Operation Manual, Cub Tractor Parts Catalog, Farmall Cub Implements Parts Catalogs (Group Index, Platform Carriers, Cultivators, Cub-144A, Cub-252A, Harrows, Cub-38A, Harvesters, Cub-33, Middlebusters, 1 Cub-17, Planters, Cub-173A, Cub-174A, Plows, Cub-153, Cub-194), and the Farmall Owners Manual.

I'm also fortunate enough to have an old computer in the barn that I can refer to when need-be. (Makes access to the forum a cinch too.) :D
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:26 pm

Are the implement manuals all for fasthitch or are some of them for standard mounts?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

50/50

Postby allenlook » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:31 pm

To my untrained eye, it is an even split.

I think that a fast hitch (which my Cub does not have) is the one where the implement has a sort of barb on it, and you can back up to the implement and it catches in the fast hitch...

Based on using that eyeball test, applied to the parts diagrams, I would say they're about split 50/50.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:02 am

I could not find the seller on eBay. Sounds like exactly what I am looking for.
Could you check the seller ID?
Thanks
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Seller ID

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:41 am

The seller ID is stylus747...

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:26 am

Excellent, I just sent him a question about newer cub manuals. The only one I could find listed was through 1964. Could be good enough, but I am hoping he has the later ones.
Thanks for the prompt answer.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

You betcha.

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:21 pm

Not a problem. Now, I just need to figure the best way to print them in their entirety... Inkjet ain't gonna cut it for over 600 pages! Plus I want to print some of the ones I've found elsewhere on the web...

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:26 pm

Allenlook:

If they are pdf's, just right click on the page you want to print, click print and make sure that your printer "sees" that you want to print the current page and not all of the document.

Basically the same for all other programs as well.

As for printing from other sources on the web - download the page/pages you want into a specific directory of your choice. Then load them into a word processor such as Corel Word Perfect or Microsoft Word. Then you should be able to print them properly. You may have to toggle on the option to "print sized to page".
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

How to print...

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:36 pm

Rudi,

Thanks - actually I know how to print (been in the IT field for 20+ years), but I don't want to print that many pages on a slow printer... And I don't want to take them in to work to print on the high-speed lasers because I'm the Director of IT and I wouldn't necessarily want to set that precedent :shock:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:43 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: me and my BIG mouth :roll: :oops: :oops:

Sorry bout that. You could probably teach me tons! Such as how to make a PDF small!!!! Most of the manuals on the server are ending up between 8 megs and 26 megs as PDF files....??????? HELP????
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

PDFs

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:02 pm

No problem - my post was awkwardly worded, so I can see how you came away with the impression that I was unsure how to print the documents.

I'd be glad to assist you any way I can regarding the server and the PDF files. In reviewing the PDF's on the server, I'm a bit surprised that they are coming in at such a large size, given that the visible resolution is moderate to low...

I'm assuming that they were painstakingly scanned by hand, and assembled as a collection of images into the requisite PDF files, so if they are unsatisfactory in any way it's a real crime after doing all that work!

If you wish, I can either re-scan the manuals or you can send me the images and I can try my hand at re-distilling them into the commensurate PDF's (or other formats as you dictate), and I can also look into establishing a mirror for you so that in the event the server goes down, you'll not only have a redundant site to redirect people to, but you'll have an up-to-the-minute backup as well...

At your service...

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:49 am

Allen:

please send me a note off board ok?

Thanks

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:01 pm

I sense some excellent results will come of the above meeting of the minds!!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”