This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub tractor pull

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Cub tractor pull

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:39 pm

Has anyone ever seen a cub on one of the pulling sleds that measures the pull in percentage of tractor weight rather than distance? I'd be curious how they come out compared to other tractors. I'd thought about entering mine in a pull a time or two, but a cub doesn't meet NAPTA rules. They state it must be an original type drawbar, and must be at least 24 inches behind the center point of the rear axle. Those two items are mutually exclusive on a cub. Also, the lightest weight class they recognize is 2500, which is about 1000 more than a cub and driver.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:45 pm

John, If all goes well, we will have a cub pull next summer at cubfest. The track is right next door to my place and the transfer sled belongs to the local garden tractor pulling club and they store it in my barn at no charge so they kind of owe me.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:27 pm

Bigdog wrote:John, If all goes well, we will have a cub pull next summer at cubfest. The track is right next door to my place and the transfer sled belongs to the local garden tractor pulling club and they store it in my barn at no charge so they kind of owe me.

Oh Boy! Scruffy will be there.

Depending on how well the project goes, I may also bring the HyperCub. Do you think the sled will be able to stop it?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:59 pm

What is the "HyperCub"?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:40 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:What is the "HyperCub"?

John,

Right now, it's just a gleam in my eye. My intent is to add a later, higher horsepower engine (13.5 HP?) to a '48 that presently has a bad engine. Eventually, it will host the Mott mower.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Indiana Robinson » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:02 pm

When you said Hyper-Cub I thought maybe you were building one that squirmed and wiggled and couldnt sit still... ;-)
I just thought of a good challenge, how about a V-8 or straight 8... or maybe even just a 6... Bandsaw a couple of blocks and cranks and ................. :-)
I better stop, my brain is kicking into overload. I was just typing along and started thinking about a small booster engine feeding in through the PTO.
Modified CUB pulling could really get wild. :-)
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

Return to “Farmall Cub”