This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO right angle pulley bearing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
walkerja
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28432

Re: PTO right angle pulley bearing

Postby walkerja » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:33 am

Hi, does anyone know where I could get the Hyatt 1204TS bearing? The Case dealer told me that he could not even get part IHC# 351274R91, and the Parts Stores look at me crazy when I walk in with my Bearing. The bearing that is out of my gear box is a Hyatt 1204TV. I have looked at Timkens Website and and I could not find a cross reference. There are websites that say they can get any bearing, and at first they think they can. Shortly after they call me back and say that they can't get it or never call me back. The current bearing is on it's last legs and I need to replace it. I have been using it with my mower, but I am scared that for long I am going to hear something behind me that won't be good. Any help will be greatly appricated. Thank you!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:27 am

You could also try part number 352401R91. Motion Industries lists a FAG 1204TV. You might check with them on whether it will fit and if it is available.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:32 am

I don't know how much faith you have in your Case/IH dealer, but you may want to check with Messick's or Ken Updike at Carter and Gruenwald. I quit using the Case/IH dealer closest to me when the parts guy couldn't find a Cub carburetor in their computer.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks for bringing up a project I almost put into hiding... :oops: I poked around a little bit and found that item is #37 in the parts book, 351274R91. It looks like Messicks does list it for $26. So it is apparently available. The trick with the CaseIH search is you can't use any spaces in the PN.

http://www.messicks.com/caseparts.aspx

http://www.messicks.com/partsearch.aspx ... 91&ven=cas

There is no dealer anywhere close to me so I have relied on C&G (especially Ken and Chad) for most of my parts that TM doesn't sell. I have found it to be far more reliable and even less expensive than other sources. But their parts stuff is a little harder to navigate. http://www.cngco.com/Index.cfm

Let us know how you make out.... that could be a good winter project for me to finish.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]

Postby Russ Leggitt » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:49 pm

one thing you might want to take into consideration with crossover bearings or for the IH ones is: they may be a few 1000's wider or may not seat as the worn ones and this may make a difference in how the right-angle bevel gears mesh. I replaced one of the bearings in mine and reassembled and the gears would not turn because they meshed too tightly. I found some spacer shims in New jersey and bought all three. I think I still have one left if someone needs it. I forget the thickness.

Return to “Farmall Cub”