This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

VOLTAGE REGULATOR

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

VOLTAGE REGULATOR

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:45 pm

I guess there's a lot of electrical proplems going around! It's my turn I suppose !!

For a good 2 years or so now I've given my regulator a little 'rap' on the side to get the ammeter needle to show a charge. That has ceased to work anymore.

What is the best brand/source for new regulators?? Approx. cost??

I have a 1957 Loboy with distributor ignition.

I've been hooking the charger up to it from time to time and starting it with the hand crank to conserve battery power but that's gettin old if ya now what I mean.....besides, cold weather will be here soon and I'm sure it won't fire up on the first pull either......brrrrrrrrrrr

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:15 pm

Marion, if you have no IH dealer close, you can try NAPA or similar place or perhaps Carter & Gruenewald or this place:
http://www.the-co.com/Parts/electrical/regulators.php?echo%20$PHP_SELF?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:34 pm

Marion, take the cover off your regulator and use an ignition point file to touch up the contact points.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:00 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Marion, take the cover off your regulator and use an ignition point file to touch up the contact points.

If you do this, be sure to THOROUGHLY clean the points after the filing. Any loose metal particles will cause rapid burning (especially the VR contacts).

A less aggeressive approach you could try first would be to try cleaning them with kraft paper (grocery sack material).

Return to “Farmall Cub”