This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

fast hitch plow info

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

fast hitch plow info

Postby welderrx » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:01 am

I finally got a plow for my cub yesterday, My dad always did the plowing with the Allis B and my uncle did the discing with the Cub, and this was always a good deal for both of them, but I started putting in gardens for the yuppies around here, and it would sure be easier to do with the cub than the Bolens garden tractor that I have been using. My question is once I put the plow on the tractor the hitch only lifts it about 3 inches off of the ground is this normal or is something set wrong on my hitch, it is using the full stroke on the piston on the touch control assy. It picks my disc up quite a bit higher. I was just wondering if this is normal or if it is just an adjustment, Thanks T.J.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:09 am

As I recall from those who have fast hitch plows, that is about as high as it will go.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:52 pm

I don't have a fast hitch myself, but everyone I've talked to reports the same. The plow has to be able to go 6 to 8 inches below ground level, so considering the lift only has so much travel, the 3 inch clearance is all that's left.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:55 pm

Welderrx,

Welcome to CUB Plowing. If you are talking about the moldboard or
turning plow mine only lifts about 4 inches. If you are taling about
the cultivator it should with adjustment(s) lift a little higher. You
can use the "angle of attack" adjustment and get a little higher picj
up while traveling. This is done by using the vertical adjusting screw/
handle beside your right knee and tilt the point up.

However, unless you are going over really rought ground I have found
that it is high enough for me.

Happy cultivating. :lol: :lol:

Joe in Pa.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18707

Postby Joe in Pa. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:52 pm

Welder, another method I use ...along with the afore mentioned... At the rear of the tractor where the lifting rod attaches to the fast hitch you should see a nut and spacer, then the fasthitch ,then the stop. If you loosen the bolt in the stop and lower the plows on a block of wood or any else handy, you should be able to thread the nut & spacer up on the lifting rod and it will give you some more heighth clearance for traveling and such.
Joe
"58" cub with fast hitch,rollover plows,fast hitch harrow,cultivators,snowplow,planter,sidedresser and a few other assorted goodies. :tractor:

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:02 am

Same here with my Loboy. Fasthitch plow has little ground clearance at full lift. Have to watch moving the lifting bar nut that you don't bump the seat. Mine has the square 'sissy' seat with backrest.

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:54 pm

I have the the 2-way rollover fast hitch plow and have about 1-1/2 feet of clearance with the lever in the center. You should be able to to get more clearance on the one way plow withe the depth adjustment (screw or lever type) all the way down. This will angle the plow up more. Once I got the rollover plow I wondered how I servived with-out it. There is no more finish the furrow, lift, and drive all the way back around to start again. Now, I just rollover the plow and go back in the same furrow.
-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:51 pm

The way I solved this problem was to make T handle to which I attached a short piece of pipe altered so it would fit over the lift rod. To use, just drop implement on high ground and insert pipe between adjustment nut and lift arm. Will put the F/H drawbar in your back pocket. Wish I could post a picture but I'm not there yet.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Farmall Cub”