Substitute drawbar ?

Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:12 am

I have been meaning to ask another question, I want to mount my blade in the belly grader position, I have a fast hitch and a loader on my tractor, the loader brackets mount where the substitute drawbar would normally go, has any one ever mounted their blade to the front of the hitch bail, welding up a bracket to put the blade in the intended position would be no problem, as the mounting pads on the drop housings have enough to contend with with the loader brackets being mounted there. Thanks for any suggestions T.J.

Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:04 pm

This is a blade and mount that I fabricated to go on my fast hitch cub. The mount goes back and pins to the final drives just above the fast hitch bail. The same holes that the rear cultivators would install in. This way I can still use the fast hitch with the blade mounted. Not exactly what you were requesting, but maybe an alternative. Image

Eye bolt

Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:34 am

Dan

In your grader blade photo you show an arrow pointing to an eye bolt. What is it used for?

Thanks

moe1942

Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:01 am

The eyebolt is used along with a small length of chain to store the blade in the up position when the lift is needed for the front blade or the fast hitch.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:15 am

Dan,

There's a genuine Cub gizmo for that. I found one a year or so ago. You can see a good pic of one at: http://farmallcub.com/gallery/album02
Check out pic 3 of 5. Works real good and doesn't stick out.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:15 pm

The gizmo is part of the L-22 mower for Fast-Hitch equiped tractors.