This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deep Fried Generator

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
splicer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Deep Fried Generator

Postby splicer » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:28 pm

Well, another day.....another project.
I got my magneto fixed yesterday on the log splitter, so I thought I'd investigate my charging problem on Maxine. Disassembled the generator and found the rear bushing wore so bad, the armature was contacting the field coils......looked like someone was having a BBQ inside, and had gotten the field coils "well done". The armature is pretty colors also! Tried removing field coils and those two screws on either side of the case holding these deep fried beauties won't budge. Is there a trick to this? I lightly smacked them with an impact driver. Am I doing something wrong or not applying enough force? Also.....Where can I purchase armature, field coils, gaskets, bushing, wick, etc. for rebuild......I'd rather do it myself than send it off or replace it. Delco remy #1100531...6V
'57 Lo-Boy # 5078
'75 ford 2000

If you think you can or you think you can't...your right
- Henry Ford

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:42 pm

I think you will find the parts will cost considerably more than a used or rebuilt one form Jptractorsalvag.com or from tmtractor.com
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

splicer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby splicer » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:06 pm

Thanks for the input John.......Will investigate. The NAPA wants $170.00, and O'reilys wants $129.95.....and you don't know whats inside a "rebuild."I kinda' thought for $125.00 I could replace everything and "know" what I have inside. I've read on rebuilds, if the old armature tests good,they use the old one....as with the field coils. If I can find the proper replacements I believe I can keep the cost to around $100.00 and have "everything" new inside..........Anyone know where these items can be purchased new?
'57 Lo-Boy # 5078

'75 ford 2000

If you think you can or you think you can't...your right

- Henry Ford

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Do you have an automotive electrical shop in your area. They should be able to provide you with parts, or rebuild it for you either one. I've never seen a source of the parts otherwise.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”