This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Land Plow

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Land Plow

Postby Ricaroo » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:04 pm

I have a single point fast hitch, with a double land plow. what is the reason for the double plow?

Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:49 pm

Rick, the roll-over or double plow allowed you to plow a furrow the length of your field and then turn around at the end and plow back along the same furrow with the other plow. This saved wasted time driving across the field or to another "land" plowed. Making a head land or dead furrow requires a special touch and can leave a rut or ridge in the field. With the roll-over plow you could start on one side of the field and work your way across turning the soil the same way while travelling both directions. This left only 1 furrow or rut at the opposite end of the field.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Steve Butram » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:25 am

Well said Bigdog . Now can you find me a 2 way for my cub so we can put on a demonstration at Cub Fest 2005. Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Return to “Farmall Cub”