This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How to plow

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Roraback
10+ Years
10+ Years

How to plow

Postby Bob Roraback » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:59 pm

Hi Guys, I beleive what I have is a # 193 plow with a rolling colter, my cub has touch control. All the parts appear to be there and I am clear on how to attach to my tractor after looking at the manual on Rudis server. Could someone give me an explanation on how the actual plowing is done?Is ther a procedure and what level do you start at. I know you just lower it and pull but I would like to know how it works and why it behaves as it does. Thanks, Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:59 pm

Plowing is becoming a lost art in my opinion. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, take a look at Scott C's post about plowing from a while back.
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3395&highlight=plow

A brief description, by no means complete, would be that the point of the plow enters the ground when the plow is lowered. The plowshare slices off a section of earth and the moldboard turns it over. The landslide runs along the wall of keeping the plow in line. If the point of the plow is too low, the plow will dig in. If the point is too high, the plow will not stay in the ground. This is controlled by the depth control lever or plow adjustments.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Steve Butram » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:40 am

Bob . Take a look at the TM Tractor parts web site that is on the main page . There are some very good pix on how the plow is mounted to the tractor. Hope this helps . Or just show up at Cub Fest and Gary and farmer can Assist you in mounting it correctly. I think Gary didn't want to be the only one plowing. Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Return to “Farmall Cub”