After wiring up 49-1 I truned on the lights and nothing, nada, zip. I disconnected the lights and checked the voltage, about 6.1 volts. I checked the lights, they were fine. I then measured the voltage at the battery and it read 6.3 volts. Hum at first I suspected the switch as it's quite old (55 years or so) for a switch, but I stopped at the fuse. The fuse was good but the holder wasn't. Cleaned up the contacts with bear hair, put the fuse back in and turned on the lights. I now have lights The ammeter reads about 5 amps and 6.42 volts at mid throttle. This is the only Cub I have with the 6 volt system so I'm not sure this is correct but it sure sounds good to me
If I was going camping...I'd be happy
Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:41 pm
Corrosion on the fusholder is a common problem, I suspect that the corrosion along with the dificult acces when hydraulics were added was a contribuiting factor to the change over to the dash mount. Now that you have it clean use some silicone grease on it to prevent it from oxidizing again. I suspect you have some available.