This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Short lived euphoria!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Short lived euphoria!

Postby Donny M » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:18 pm

Just went out the the shop (garage) and notice a puddle under 49-1. It seems I screwed up one of the 'O' rings on the piston for the touch control :oops: :( :oops: :( :oops: :( I don't know if it's leaking inside or out. All I really know at this point is the new leather boot is soaked with Hy-Tran :( :( :( :(

I'm really bummed. I'll go at it sometime tomorrow.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 pm

:twisted:

Donny, It sounds like we are sharing the same bucket of "Woes".

Hope yours will be a simple fix.
Then came Bronson

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:25 am

I don't want to jinx this thing but it should be an easy fix. It's leaking from the inside of the piston. Hopefully I forgot to tighten the nut on the rod (maybe PSM). :lol: Would sure make things easier to fix. Still a mess with Hy-Tran getting everywhere.

As Cheif Dan George says "Endeavor to persevere". :D :D :D

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:35 am

Well, :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was 1/3rd of the way there. The nut on the piston shaft was only torqued to 25 ft. lbs. It's now torqued to 75 ft. lbs and my hands are real soft :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:06 pm

I had the same problem with my cub a few weeks ago. When I went to disassemble the touch-control and see what the problem was, I noticed that the control valve o-ring had 2 big chunks taken out. When I read the manual later, I found out that you need to turn the control valve when you reassemble, or else you do damage. What I did to aid in reassembly was put a woodworking bar clamp so that it would provide forward force while I turned the valve from side to side.
Hope this helps.

Return to “Farmall Cub”