Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:11 pm
My son is always climbing on my BIG red tractors and fiddling with the knobs and levers. I am sure we have all experienced this. It always makes me happy to see him "driving" my cub. Well the other day he was fiddlin' and it wasn't long and smoke was coming out from behind my amp gauge/light switch area. I quickly disconnected the battery and it stopped. I noticed the light switch was on bright. I turned off the switch and hooked the battery back up and everhthing ran fine. Last night he was on Snappy again and he turned the lights on bright and smoke was rolling! I turned off the switch and it quit. Could someone who is electrically inclined help? Please?! Thank you!
Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:22 pm
A couple of things need to be checked. First, do the lights work when turned on bright? Either your light switch has failed or you have an overload or short in the light circuit. I believe the most likely problem is a very old light switch which has broken down. You may be able to disconnect the lights and turn the switch on to see if it still smokes. If it doesn't smoke then, connect the lights one at a time to see when the problem starts.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.