Has Anyone seen or used one of these before?

Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:24 pm

I picked this up last week from the local Benedictine Monastery for a reasonable amount. I remember seeing this mounted on a '61 LoBoy sweeping sidewalks. The LoBoy had a homemade heated cab and cleaned up the snow real nice. It is all chain drive. There is no belt because of the snow factor would cause slippage. I only have one problem, I don't own a LoBoy? Yet!! I am going through the back door to get one; little does my wife know!!! I know where the LoBoy that used to power this sweeper is and I hope to acquire it this fall! The neat part is it is a yellow one so it would put a little color variety in the shop.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=5058328&uid=2547102&members=1

Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:41 pm

WHAT!!? The Bennies had that sitting around and I missed it?

If you don't manage to get a Lo-Boy I'll gladly take the broom off your hands. :)

Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:45 pm

Jim, Little do you know what they have hiding in those sheds!

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:15 am

nice find! :!: an unusual piece in what looks to be excellent condition.

we used to sell front mounted sweepers (Parker Sweeper, if i recall correctly), to mount on Cub Cadet sized tractors, for use at hospitals etc, with a lot of sidewalks. as long as the snow wasn't too heavy and you kept up with it, they did a nice job.
Simplicity tractors, but we delivered them in IH pick-up trucks :D

Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:10 pm

They used this sweeper for many years, but the shield was never on it. The shield always caused snow to build up and plug the brisltes up.