Front Wheel Bolt Pattern ??

Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:19 am

Hello,
I live a few miles from where I store my Cub and have not gotten a chance to go and measure myself. I am wanting to get some different flotation tires / wheels to put on the front of my mowing Cub. Does anyone happen to know the front wheel bolt pattern. I know that they are 5 hole but are they on 4.5" spacing or ? I appreciate any help that you can offer. Thanks

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:46 am

looks like 4.5" spacing, 5 lug

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:15 am

But.... I've found that you can't use any old 5 lug, 4.5 inch wheel. The hub on the Cub front axles is 1/8 to 3/16 inch larger than the center hole in most currently available wheels. Be sure to check them before you plunk your money down. :)

Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:39 pm

farmboy

Some Ford and Dodge rims with 5 bolt holes will fit a cub,but you have to cut the centre hole out bigger to fit over the wheel bearing cover.That way you can go to a bigger tire as well.I am still looking for a set.

Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:53 pm

Pay attention with all the wheel swapping that you don't run into clearance problems with your belly mounted mower deck or front mounted snow plow.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:52 am

Thanks for all the great information. I will keep all these tips in mind when selecting a pair of wheels.