Traileing a Cub?

Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:58 am

Would a single axle 1600# trailer handle a Cub with hyd, rear weights and snow blade? I am having a hard time finding one any bigger in short notice. I have a 3 1/2 hour drive to make. Thanks, Bob

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:27 pm

I wouldn't do it. Shipping rate on a Cub is 1400 lbs..... That is without gas,weights etc....
Also a 1600 lb trailer with a single axle usually will not have trailer brakes.
The weight of the tractor and trailer will be about 2500 to 3000 lbs.
That is a lot to stop without brakes on the trailer.
Especially if all you have is a half ton truck.
If I am on the highway and would see someone pulling a single axle trailer with a Cub on it I will get the as far away as possible. :-)
One more thing. A 1600 lb rated trailer includes the weight of the trailer and the weight of the load.

Mike

Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:10 pm

You should find another trailer like Mike described. If your drive is 3.5 hr. one way, consider a dual axel with good electric brakes. If you can borrow a larger truck with an electronic brake controller you will be in business :D

Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:21 pm

I'll second Mike and Mltiema. I used to haul my cub on a single axle trailer, but it was a 3500 pound one with brakes. No way would I try it with a 1600 pound trailer.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:04 pm

"I used to haul my cub on a single axle trailer, but it was a 3500 pound one with brakes".

I hope the 3500 lb trailer you speak of is the one Dad and I bought from you. :roll:

Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:47 pm

I wanted to trailer oneway. I can rent a tandem axle trailer that will handle it. I just didn't want to take it up empty. I have a 16' car trailer with brakes but the center is open and the Cub won't fit. I have wanted to deck the trailer cover completely just haven't had the time or money. See what happens when you put something off. Now i need to pick up a cub and my own trailer is useless :x

Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:22 pm

Cub-Bud wrote:"I used to haul my cub on a single axle trailer, but it was a 3500 pound one with brakes".

I hope the 3500 lb trailer you speak of is the one Dad and I bought from you. :roll:
YUP

Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:25 pm

BOB K. wrote:. I have a 16' car trailer with brakes but the center is open and the Cub won't fit.
Are you sure it won't fit. Ive hauled mine (wheels all the way in) on a car hauler. It was close, but it fit. Might be ahead to make a temporary decking, or inquire aobut renting a uhaul type open trailer one way.

Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:30 pm

Bob,

I could come and pick up the Cub for you and take it one way to Texas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:54 am

when you do find a proper trailer, be sure to BACK the tractor up on the trailer. No risk of flipping it.

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:20 pm

Well I got home today with #4 :{_}: . All went well, got a trailer from U-Haul. I will post some photos as soon as I take them and find out how to post them. I don't know much about computers. Bob :D