Speaking of Fuel economy.....

Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:21 am

Now here is something a little different!
I saw this on the Chicago news last night.http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/end_of_fossil_energy.html

Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:48 am

It's a shame there isn't any more information . It looks like an interesting project . I wonder what happened to the parts he removed ? Steve

Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:49 am

I'm trying to find more info about it and I'll post it when I do.
I saw him driving around on the news last night but missed the story behind it.

Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:56 am

A nice article; but, it's like getting a drink out of a fire hose. There is no doubt that a world energy crisis exist; but, bombarding people with information is not the way to inform them. That's a problem science has had for a long time - trying to tell you everything they know at one time.

If science wants the world to know about the energy crisis - they need to buy a 30 second spot during the super bowl.

The electric cub was cool - I am sure though, as hard as I work my cub on weekends, I would need more batteries than a cub could carry.

Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:03 am

Oscar . Are you headed to Portland this weekend? Steve

Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:08 pm

I'd like to know more about his setup, because the engine appears to be intact.

Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:30 pm

John,

I noticed that also. It maybe like a T-model ford I once read about that
ran on air. Someone had left the engine in tact and put in an air compressor that could be connected to a power source and it filled a
tank and then the engine was operated with bursts of air much like an
injector introduces fuel into the cylinder. The compressor was set up to where it also ran when the car was running when the pressure dropped to
a predetermined pressure.

Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:14 pm

Do you supose it would be possible to mount a DC electric motor on the PTO and store the batterys on the draw bar? leave the transmission in neutral. You could also charge the batterys while running the engine. Just a thought.

Good idea.

Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:17 am

That's a pretty good idea. I wonder if the weight of the lead batteries required to power the Cub might make it a little light in the front, it's not like he's going to be doing any work with that tractor, though.

I was thinking it might be safer to put them onto a belly pan, kind of like where the Woods Mower sits, but a platform of batteries instead, which would keep the weight under the center of the Cub.

Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:17 am

Stevebo5:

I won't get a chance to go to the Portland show - I hope someone will have a chance to post some pictures.

Thanks,

Oscar

Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:30 pm

Use round batteries in place of the wheel weights. that kills 2 birds with one stone.