Plug in manifold?

Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:02 pm

Hi

Can you please tell me why IH put this plug here?

BD...I know that its to fill up that hole there :D , but why is the hole there :?: :?:

Thanks

Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:00 pm

To measure vacuum.

Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:42 pm

Or a vacuum supply for a milking machine?. :?:

Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:56 pm

johnbron wrote:Or a vacuum supply for a milking machine?. :?:

I believe that if you look in the attachments section of the parts maual, it will show a tap (or shut-off valve) that fits that hole to run one of the old vacuum type milkers. We bought a pacer a couple of years ago that had the valve still in the manifold. :wink:

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:59 pm

You need it to run windshield wipers.

I think...

Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:21 am

I've been using it to refill my blinker fluid.

Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:50 am

and the hideaway headlights :lol:

Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:25 pm

:P mltiema, That sure is a nice "Unpitted" manifold in your picture. It must be new or a picture of a new one :?: .

Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:15 pm

JB, i got that one on ebay. The top pipe is slightly pitted. I gave it the wirebrush routine. I am thikin about getting it and the underslung pipe plated with something, but not chrome. Any ideas what would look good that would hold up :idea: :?:

mike

Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:18 pm

Mike:

Have it powdercoated either red or black. Any decent shop that does rims for tractor trailers can do it for you. Probably cost ya about $30.00 bucks thereabouts.

There is an ad in RedPower for a guy who does it.

Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:17 pm

My IH power unit has a line running to a drip oiler running to that hole. Never could understand why but I was looking at it today and wondering why.

Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:31 am

i'd venture a guess that the vaccuum created when running activated the oiler, thereby making it an automatic oiler.

either that, or it's part of the windsheild washer system we've been hearing about :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:34 am

windsheild
:oops: 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'....2nd grade english :oops: never could spell enjineer...now i are one !

Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:56 pm

Mike I concidered using it to thread in a Nitrous oxide fogger nozzle for MORE POWER. I might need it a cub fest 05 when Gary Dodson shows up with the CUBbota for the plowing demo. Steve

Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:53 pm

Hey Steve...How ya doin' :?: I don't think you need the nitrous, your cub runs great. Its one of the best I have ever used to pull a plow with, and you know how many times I have plowed :D

Hope to see you, and all them Dotsons at Cubarama. Think farmer will make it :?:

Mike