Front Wheels/Color

Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:16 am

:?: I was wondering what most of you Cubbers prefer for paint color/s on your "FRONT" wheels :?: .
Solid red or red centers with silver outers?.

Here is a picture of both to refresh your memory.

http://www.binderbulletin.org/images/ga ... ll_cub.jpg

Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:33 pm

I like the plain red.

Does that paint you are using (XO) match up with 2150. I have started to refinish some parts on my machines with the 2150, but I don't like it because after its "dry" the paint stays soft and will stick itself to whatever I lay it on. Then it pulls off when I pick it up leaving a bare spot again. This happens even after two or three days in the sun drying.

Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:36 pm

RED :!: :D 8)

Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:18 pm

:?: mltiema, I dont know if it is a match or not because I have never had any other Cub to match or compare it to. I have been drying the painted parts out in the sun for 2-to-3 days and then putting a coat of wax on them and they look pretty brilliant. I am using a (Harly) brand paste wax that claims No cleaners, Powders, or Abrasives blah-blah worlds finest carnuba. Heh-Heh, Bought the wax at the Hospise thrift store for 25¢. :twisted:

Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:45 pm

jonbron. I prefer the silver red combo .It just a personal preferance and it adds some contrast to just plain red. Steve

Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:26 pm

RED. Was red and silver ever original on the cub??

Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:47 pm

No.

Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:50 pm

Don McCombs wrote:No.
That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:11 pm

Hey JB,

It's your Cub paint it any color you want :!: :!: :!: As long as it's not rainbow with a #24 on the side :!: :!: :!: And for sure don't put one of those Kerry bumper stickers you gave me on it :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:14 pm

In my painting experience, I have found that enamel will dry better if it is not left out in the sun. I know they do, or use to, "bake" enamel paint on autos, but I have better luck if I move parts into the garage after painting them rather than leaving them in the sun.

Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:20 pm

Donny M wrote:Hey JB,

It's your Cub paint it any color you want :!: :!: :!: As long as it's not rainbow with a #24 on the side :!: :!: :!: And for sure don't put one of those Kerry bumper stickers you gave me on it :wink: :wink: :wink:

:twisted: Donny, Thats why I didn`t offer the vote feature like you did when you asked about your grille color. Kerry does not like people such as the likes of you to vote. Hee-hee, I am now off in My Swifty swift boat to lecture more dummies. :roll: :lol: 8)

Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:33 pm

Cub-bud sid my preference was red. :lol:

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:40 pm

They came here red . Paint as the way it suites you. As for the post from John you are not supposed to wax fresh paint it seals in paint & thinner solvents and a few months down the road little bubbles can appear . Read your paint label it will tell you how long to wait. Or wait at least a month or two. I waited six months before I used anything. They make some polishes that you can buff and shine but it don't seal the paint off if you need anything before the drying time. Pup

Red

Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:00 am

All red for me... Just a personal preference.

I've been using the Ace brand of International Red, and it stays sticky for quite a long time, and then comes away from the metal if it touches anything else - but I also have not been priming it properly. While that would not affect drying time, it would affect adhesion.

The Dupli-Color High-Temp/Ceramic stuff I was using dried almost instantly, covered much better on the first coat, and looked better once dry... We'll see after a time how well they hold up I guess.

Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:22 am

How about Clear-Coat?.

:roll: Picture Of Nudes :roll:

http://tinypic.com/3rdjr