Wilma lives

Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:59 pm

Hi All,

After a couple of months of work it has finally paid off.

I started Wilma for the first time this afternoon after rebuilding the engine.
After a few tries, I finally got the timing right and she fired up.
Purrs like a kitten!!
When I bought her about 6 months ago she had very little power, I found she had only 60#'s of compression in each cyl.
I tried honing the cyl's,installing oversize rings, didn't gain a thing.
Finally broke down and did the right thing, bored, new pistons, ect.
I drove her around this afternoon and there is a big difference in power.

Now to start on the other things that need attention, like rear drive oil seals, ect.

Thanks to all of you that have helped me and didn't mind answering my sometimes stupid questions.

It is very nice to find such a group of knowledgeable people who don't mind sharing it!!



Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:06 am

Congratulations! I'm right behind you - I started putting Jay back together last night!