This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Generator Test/Is This Right?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
9mules
10+ Years
10+ Years

Generator Test/Is This Right?

Postby 9mules » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:13 pm

When putting the battery hot (-) wire to "A"/Gen. terminal post on generator, and having the "F" field terminal grounded to gen. case, the generator should turn, proving that the generator is working.
My question is this.....How fast should it turn?
Yes, the generator turns, but the RMPs are very slow. Is this correct?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:22 pm

Most of the times I have done this, the generator motors over fairly slowly. It depends on how good the connections are and the size of the conductors, charge of the battery etc. It's not going to spin like a starter motor.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

9mules
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 9mules » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:08 pm

Thanks Bigdog,
I never have done this check.
My generator RPMs were slow, thats why I asked the question.
After getting no charge from the generator, I cleaned the commutator and redid the wires contections and got some turnover, but didn't know if the generator should spin super fast or turtle slow.
Thanks

Return to “Farmall Cub”