This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ground tools

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Roraback
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ground tools

Postby Bob Roraback » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:45 am

I need two of these # 53 ground tool tines to complete my cultivator. The person who sold this to me only included ten tines with the cultivator .It should have twelve as pictured here- http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Ad's,% ... e%2035.jpg

Thanks, Bob Roraback

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Ground tools

Postby Dale51 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:01 am

Bob Roraback wrote:I need two of these # 53 ground tool tines to complete my cultivator. The person who sold this to me only included ten tines with the cultivator .It should have twelve as pictured here- http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Ad's,% ... e%2035.jpg

Thanks, Bob Roraback

Bob,

I'll bet that you only have 2 tines on each of the rears.
You will find it works very well this way as dad has ours set that way.
After reading your post I called & ask him why.
His reply was they stick back far enough that a movement of the front wheels like 3" and the back doubled the dist. ( Got in to the next row).
Also so he could go narrower center to center spacing.
If you only have 2 on the front then I would bet that it was set up for tall or mostly grown crops.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:09 am

Bob:

My 144 has a similar setup except that I only have 8 spring teeth. I think that I my move a pair to the front as Dale suggests. His Dad has a point which I have learned to my dismay. Make sure you get the clamps too!

The only complete set of twelve I have seen are my buddies - but his will be a show set and not one the actually gets into the ground. They can be kind of hard to fine btw.

Good luck
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”