This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Throttle lever travel.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Throttle lever travel.

Postby allenlook » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:40 pm

Guys,

I notice that my throttle lever travels back past the serrated section on the adjuster, and it only travels forward about 2/3, maybe 3/4 through the serrated section of the adjuster, leaving 4 or 5 serrations that it never reaches.

What about yours?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:30 pm

Allen,

The speed of the tractor is adjusted through the governor by adjusting the speed stop screw. Adjusting this outward will allow more travel of the throttle rod and slightly higher RPMs from the engine. I have mine adjusted so that it leaves about two serrations left on the stops.

Hope this helps.

Scott

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:18 am

While it is true the speed adjusting screw does just that. The clevis and locking nut on the threaded throttle rod adjust the aspect of the hand throttle lever to a given govenor setting. There is a clevis and similar arrangement on the throttle rod between the rockshaft arm and carburator. This adjusts the aspect between the govenor setting and the carburator. There is also a stop screw that is difficult to see or adjust at the rear of the carb that sets the minumum idle speed no matter where the throttle and govenor are set.
At least that is the way it is on my 68 Low Boy with an IH carb. My old power unit is the same.
I hate to describe things because it takes so many words to do it clearly. Then I question my self is it clear? Just take a look at your tractor and perhaps this will make sense.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”