This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Advice on Sale of Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rick ('50, NC)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Advice on Sale of Cub

Postby Rick ('50, NC) » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:34 pm

Guys,

I need some informed advice. I have recently become physically disabled and am not able to keep my job. To keep my bills paid until I am either cured or have to go on disability, I am going to have to sell my '50 Cub among other stuff.

My problem is I want to get as much money as possible from the sale, but I want to try to sell it as quickly as possible. To do that, I am considering putting it on E-bay.

My question: Do you think that I will get more money if I have the C-2 mower removed and sell it separately, or will I get about as much if I leave it installed and sell it as a unit?

I hope to get well and get back into the Fellowship of Cubs some day. Any advice that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
My worst day on a Cub is better than my best day at the office!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:47 pm

I would sell seperate and hope to get two bidders into a bidding war. You may get a bidder wanting only the mower and the guy bidding on the tractor wanting the mower in one purchase.

Just my 2 cents
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:10 pm

I agree--list separate. You'll probably get more money.

I hope your health improves soon!! Also if you do put it on ebay, keep us informed--I see you are from Autryville, NC, not too much more than an hour away from me, so I might bid if you post it!!

Take care and again I wish you a speedy recovery! :D

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:52 pm

Rick:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Our prayers are with you!

As for the question - no doubt about it - sell em separate. If it was a plow or maybe the sickle mower, then I would probably sell them as a set, but for the belly mower, blade, cultivators etc., would definitely split them up. These implements should generate at least $250.00 to $500.00 by themselves.

Hope you do well and end up not needing to sell your Cub.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Always separate...

Postby allenlook » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:53 pm

Best wishes on your health...

The general rule is separate listings will generate more money. Bundling things in my experience will result in a lower overall price.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:50 pm

You should be aware that selling implements on eBay can be a crap shoot. Sometimes they bring a lot less than others. That said, you are probably still better off splitting them up.

Whatever else, eBay gives you quick liquidity.

But please have the decency to put all the mower pieces with the mower. Don't leave a pulley or any brackets on the tractor.

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:07 am

I sell & buy a lot on the bay.
Please take this to heart.
If what you are selling is not moving well in your area you will not get top price so make sure you put a reserve price that is close to what you want to get on each auction.
It will cost you if item does not selll but it keeps you from giving stuff away for next to nothing & if you do sell it cost you nothing.
Make sure to give a very good & long winded & detailed des.
I have also found that very clear pic. help. So if your cam. is not real good hold off on the auction till you find a friend that has.

STAY AWAY FROM PAYPAL AS A SELLER YOU CAN LOOSE BIG TIME AS BUYER CAN CLAIM ITEM NOT UP TO PAR & PAYPAL WILL TAKE MONEY RIGHT BACK OUT OF YOUR BANK OR WHAT EVER & THEY STILL GET TO KEEP ITEM!!!!!!!!

Also make sure you get all your money in 7 to 10 days not just part of it . I have had people take up to 90 days to finish paying & pick up even though I stated pick up in not more than 30.

I guess what i'm saying is the bay is gettting bad so you got to watch out for your self .
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

Return to “Farmall Cub”