This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Question: spark plug extension ????

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glenn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Question: spark plug extension ????

Postby Glenn » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:47 pm

The 1955 Cub has something that looks like some kind of extension for the spark plugs on cylinders 1 and 4, by extension; I mean a device that screws into the spark plug hole and then the plug into it. The effect is to raise the plug around 1 inch higher than normal, the device has a small hole in the bottom or combustion chamber end, I've never seen anything quite like it, what is it?????
:?

Glenn

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Garvin Gatewood
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garvin Gatewood » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:02 pm

Most of the time the cylinders were pumping oil and fouling the plugs out. These extentions were put on to prevent this.
Eight Cubs-finally got a '57.

Glenn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Glenn » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:23 pm

Thanks Garvin, I really wondered what the heck those things were, they don't even look like they'd actually work.

Glenn :o

Return to “Farmall Cub”