Silicone...

Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:24 am

Hey, I've GOT some of that copper silicone, I'll try a dab of that, the hole itself is only a little slot, it should seal up just fine...

Galv...

Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:27 am

If welding galvanized is bad (as in a recent post here on the forum), would it not be also kind of bad to get it that hot and blowing exhaust in your face?

I know the temps aren't anywhere near the same, but hot zinc over time is hot zinc, and probably off-gasses at a rate commensurate with the heat applied...

Re: Galv...

Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:37 am

allenlook wrote:If welding galvanized is bad would it not be also kind of bad to get it that hot and blowing exhaust in your face?
I know the temps aren't anywhere near the same, but hot zinc over time is hot zinc, and probably off-gasses at a rate commensurate with the heat applied...

Now you are getting into the political arena. :twisted: I sure hope you dont plan on running for the head of the "EPA" :lol:

Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:57 am

Allen:

For me it was a simple choice. I have lots of galvanized pipe laying around that would fit the manifold for an exhaust pipe, but I chose to just go and get some regular sked 40 black iron. Much better, no worries.

Personally, it is not that big a concern, but something that rumbles around in the dimmest reaches of me brain :roll: :wink: :lol:

Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:39 am

I don't know if it gets hot enough to give of fumes that would be a problem, but I can tell you from experience that the galvanizing will turn black if it is a working tractor.